A tenant farm was named for the first time in 1505, but the history of Ledreborg dates even further back, when the medieval Lejregård was likely located northwest of palace’s current location. Built from 1740-1745 by Count Johan Ludvig Holstein-Ledreborg, the then leader of the Danish Chancellery under Christian VI, the palace has been the residence of the Holstein-Ledreborg family for more than 250 years – the current owner is the fourth generation of Count Knud Holstein-Ledreborgs.
Manor estate landscape
The countryside surrounding Ledreborg is hilly with many lakes, meadows and streams, especially in close to the palace, while the area to the west is woody. The varied landscape provides a rich, diverse wildlife with native mammals, birds, fish, amphibians and reptiles. What’s more, Denmark’s longest avenue, at an amazing seven kilometres, leads up to the palace.